Wednesday, December 28, 2011

DIY: Red Hair Dye/Semi Permanent Tint

Hi everyone!

So basically today I decided to dye my hair red. This was definitely not my first time dying it this color/with this brand so I decided that since I've done it a couple times, why not recommend it to everyone else!

So the dye that I used is called "Natur Vital":

be warned folks, this brand is not cheap in the slightest. It cost me $25 for this stuff.
Personally I could only find it in one drugstore, that being Guardian. The only Guardian where I knew to find it was the one in Vivo City next to Cold Storage.

This dye is more of a shampoo than a semi permanent, if you dye your hair then leave it and keep washing it daily the colour will be gone by a two weeks the longest. If you want to maintain the color you get from this shampoo, I would suggest using it on a weekly basis.

It's quite simple actually, I didn't even part my hair that much and it still gave me an even looking colour. My only hassle/problem with the tint is that it takes more than one try to achieve a colour altering look. The effects of the dye are very subtle unless copious amounts are used.

What you do is basically decide how much you want to use, stick it into a bowl and paint it on your hair. I don't use one of those fancy styling brushes I do it the good old fashioned way: with my fingers.

After spreading the colour evenly I then backcomb my hair and leave it for 10-15 minutes to let it absorb into my hair. The bottle says it should only take 5 minutes but just to be EXTRA cautious, I left it in for 15 and continue to do so.

The dye has a funny smell to it, it's not particularly bad but it's certainly not nice. The dye also comes in three other colours, blond, brown, and black. I'm too much of a chicken to try the black, although  I would like to.

Warnings: The dye is extremely messy and will stain any towels/clothing you have lying around. Be extra cautious and use old towels to mop up any messes/ or to towel your hair.

Here are a few before and after pictures.
Before:




After: 




Happy Dying! 

-Zack

No comments:

Post a Comment